Tuesday, November 13, 2012

College

This past weekend I went back to college. It was a reunion for my co-ed literary fraternity. Despite some of the frustration about hearing college students complain about how busy they are (I only wish I were that busy again), I had a really good time.

I got to catch up with about a dozen of my friends from school. It's so much fun hearing how everyone is making their way in the world, as everything from a literary publicist to medical student. It's almost as exciting to hear about as it is to share my life updates (almost).

For the first time in a while, I got a chance to do some writing. I got to spill my innermost thoughts onto paper, without the expectation that you would be reading it. It was nice, and relaxing. It helped me figure out some stuff that I wouldn't have otherwise. You get a watered down version. It's politically correct and usually pre-thought out, during the 40-ish minutes I have to drive home and the short jog or drink or dinner. On Saturday, I got to write just because. And I figured out how I feel about things. I'm very happy with my life, but very overwhelmed with work. I'm generally exhausted, but still enthusiastic. I ended up with something along the lines of, "There's no greater feeling than watching a room full of 12-year olds finally understand why the ocean is salty, except maybe feeling well-rested enough to enjoy it."

I guess that's how I feel.

I love every minute, and some things are really exciting, but I also can't wait until Thanksgiving break.

I also got some really positive feedback from my IL today, which made me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment