Sunday, August 14, 2011

...And Then There Were Two

More news as the placement process continues:

School 1: Bridgeport, expecting news Monday.
School 2: Another CM got the job. It's a good fit for him.
School 3: Another CM got the job, as expected.
School 4: Phone interview didn't happen, school never called. Not too upset.
School 5(!): Interview for a 7/8 Gen Sci position in New Haven on Monday. As far as I know, I'm the only CM interviewing. Who knows?

There are only two science CMs left still unplaced, another girl and me. The other girl is hoping for high school biology in Hartford. The number of positions available appears to have exceeded the number of unplaced CMs, which is good (for us, I guess, but not for them).

This week has the potential to be really stressful-busy or really stressful-boring. It is possible that I won't be placed, and I'll spend the week in a Connecticut hotel room waiting around or planning for a job I might get. On the other hand, I might get placed tomorrow and spend the week hunting for an apartment.

I've stocked up on clean workout clothes, for dealing with both the stress and downtime. I'm slowly getting my run back, at much shorter distances and slightly faster speeds. I'm still lifting weights, although not as enthusiastically as I was during Institute. It's hard to get motivated to work out when I'm not squeezing it in between other obligations. I have too much time to sit around and procrastinate going to the gym. It's also hard maintaining a lifting routine when I'm spending time in many different gyms with different equipment and weights.

Working out, interviewing; it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment