Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thief

Today someone stole the custodian's cell phone. Nothing like an incident like that to really remind you where you work.

Today was a frustrating day. The kids were challenging. The last day of testing for the 8th graders couldn't be done soon enough. The change of routine is confusing for everyone.

Things are getting better though. I really see it everywhere. Disasters are not so disastrous. Bad lessons don't go quite so badly. And then during lunch I sit and make some lesson plans, and remember why I do this. I love science. I love teaching people science. I love watching a few seventh graders get excited when they feel their pulse for the first time, and then explaining how it will feel different after they go to gym. I'm here for a reason.

I don't much feel like writing today, so this is it. I'll be happy when this week is over. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment