Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Short Week

Yesterday's PD day was nice and relaxing, and we learned we don't have to decorate a trifold board with evidence of proper use of our grant money (the budget didn't cover trifold boards). Less homework! I did use our morning break as an opportunity to spend the grant money, though. I'm doing a chicken wing dissection lab with my 7th graders, and used the $200 grant from the district to buy dissecting scissors (no way I'm letting them have scalpels), dissecting trays, aprons, and nitrile gloves. I'm really excited.

Right after PD was over, I zoomed home to take care of some fire department requirements. I have to attend one live burn drill every year, and yesterday was an easy day, so I picked yesterday. EMS stands around the whole time and does nothing, but it's good to be there just in case. Just like in college. Besides, the best part about hanging out with not-teachers is that they say things like, "Are you grading a test? Cool! Can I help?" It was awesome. I (we) got a ton of work done.

Today, we treated our well-behaved kids to a Bridgeport Sound Tigers (hockey) game. I had a blast with the kids, but I'm totally wiped out. I'm going to spend the evening relaxing and drinking soup. One more day this week! (And by the way, 47 left this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment