Thursday, August 8, 2013

One Year

In the last 365 days, I've attended 189 days of school. I taught 175 lessons each three times, for a total of about 500 classes.

I had 75 meetings with my Instructional Leader and 4 meetings with the principal.

I've read 350 lab reports and 200 persuasive essays.

I have run 468 miles and completed two triathlons. I ran a 5K in 29:23.

I got engaged! My sister got engaged.

I attended 3 funerals and one unveiling.

I started a new job and fell in love with my work community.

I bought a wedding dress.

My grandmother was with me the entire time. I told her my stories of school and of wedding planning when I was driving home late at night. I miss her.

And now we begin another year. Today I had my first meeting with my new Instructional Leader (who also happens to be my principal). We discussed the first weeks of school, and she told me that she's impressed with how "together" I am. I'm excited to get to do so many things right, or at least better.

In the next year, I will get married! My sister will get married.

Tim will get a new car. We will go on our honeymoon.

I will teach 78 students. I will meet with the principal 75 times. I will teach 500 classes (more, if the health class works out, although I haven't heard anything about it since June).

I will run 750 miles and complete 2-3 triathlons. I will run a 5K in 28 minutes.

And this time next year, I will sit at my computer, another ring on my finger, and think of all the ways I can improve my classroom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment