Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Almost Wedding #1

Mostly, I'm excited about my sister's wedding on Sunday. I'm anxious about travel. I can't wait to party with my family. But it might snow when I'm supposed to fly out.

And they expect me to focus on my work?

This is testing week #3. Today was the second day of Literature testing. Tomorrow is history, and Thursday is science. I don't know if my students are more or less prepared than last year, but I'm doing a better job of reviewing key points with them during Do Nows and our Oral Drill Challenge. Overall, the classes are a little bigger than last year, and the scores are a little lower, but I'm hopeful. Last year, I was hoping for 75% of students to score over 75%. This year, I'm going for 70%. I'm not lowering the standards, but I did make the test harder. I think we can do it.

My classes actually went smoothly today. I rarely get three solid classes, especially when they are consecutive. Due to the schedule today, I have only about an hour of prep time between 7:40 and 5:15. Fortunately, detention is solid today, and I got a surprise bathroom break around 3:00.

I ran 5 miles this weekend! It felt great, and I was a little sore the next day, but two days later, I feel like I could do it again. Unfortunately, it'll have to wait until tomorrow, if I can drag myself out after parent-teacher conferences. This week is incredibly busy, so I'll have to do tonight's bike ride after tutoring, and tomorrow's run after conferences, which were rescheduled due to last week's (second) snow day. And then--running in San Francisco! I'm hoping for a 6-miler on Friday and 5 on Sunday, with maybe an hour on an indoor bike on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment