Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fine.

It's done. I've made it through Institute. And I'm still alive.

Yesterday, after one session of casual reflection (I know! It wasn't that bad!), we had some nice bonding experiences as a school team and then parted ways.

We did a nice activity, that consisted of the thirty or so of us CMs to stand in two concentric circles. The folks in the inner circle closed their eyes. The folks on the outside were asked to tap the shoulders of the people on the inside circle who inspired them as a teacher. Then, who will now be a lifelong friend. Then, who made them laugh. After a half dozen of these, the circles switched places, and I was now standing on the inside with my eyes closed. The first category was "Tap the shoulder of people who gave it their all". A couple of seconds went by. Another couple of seconds. Then...tap. Tap. Tap tap tap tap.

I cried.

Also, one of the CMs made peach cobbler. There was a slideshow. We went home early. My parents helped me move out of the dorms.

Oh! I have a interview! I was invited to an interview at a public school in Bridgeport next Wednesday. I'm really excited. I think most of the rest of the CT science CMs who haven't been placed have interviews next week. I might have a placement soon!

Now I will relax for a few days. I will not work, I will not teach, and I will sleep. If only I could stop sounding like a teacher all the time...

1 comment: