Monday, March 4, 2013

Joy

Since our PD a few weeks ago was on joy, we had to film a 10-minute clip, and comment on "glows and grows". My IL had asked me to videotape my lab last week, as a potential instructional video for new science teachers (!), so I had the video already. I watched it, and it's pretty easy to be joyful during a lab. I also noticed that I'm really good at giving clear directions. There are a few more things I can do, like more positive narration, but I've been better at not narrating the negatives (and giving private corrections).

I was ALMOST 100% on workouts. I did 100% on running, which is my priority between now and April 21 (UNITE Half Marathon). 16.5 miles total this week, with a long run of 7 miles. The most exciting part was that the long run was not too hard (until about the last mile). Also, the last 7 mile run I did was in July, it was 9 minutes slower, and it took me out of running for 2 weeks with shin splints. This time around, (almost) no pain. My manicure is shot, though.

After my SAT class on Saturday, I went to the Y...and the pool was closed. Some Girl Scout event. Poop. Out of my control.

Sunday, it was supposed to be 45 and sunny. Instead, it was 39 and windy. It was far from idea conditions for riding a bike, so I only got 40 minutes done of my planned 60. All in all, not too disappointing. I'd say it was an 80% week. Now, I've got at least one more build week, and then I'll see if I need a rest week. It's going well.

I also had a weekend full of parents. Saturday night was dinner with the boyfriend's family, and Sunday was lunch with both sets of parents. All enjoyable, though a bit stressful. I think the families get along. No major complaints. And there was good food. Lots of good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment