Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ta Ta for Now

This may be my last post for almost 2 weeks.

You know it's summer when...you're sitting on the balcony, just as the air is cooling off for the day, painting an elephant on a canvas. It's pretty nice (the experience, not the painting. The painting could use some...work).

Today was my last workout before the triathlon. It wasn't a great workout, but it's more important that I don't push too hard. I can't really gain any fitness at this point. In fact, I'm not really sure what the last week's workouts are for. It's supposed to "keep my legs sharp" or something. Meh. I had a nice bike and jog this muggy morning. Now I have two days of relaxing.

I decided to resign from EMS. It wasn't a good fit for me (not quite in the same spectacular way that Bridgeport Public Schools wasn't a good fit for me, but still less than idea). I'll share more stories in a while.

In my taper week, I've taken up a new hobby (painting) and spent several hours discovering how to recover about 6 GBs of photos that I lost a few years ago. A few years ago, I made the "never back up the computer ever" mistake for the first and last time (hold on, gotta go back up right now). In the process, I lost my entire trip to Africa, a dolphin-watching trip in the Mediterranean, and most of high school. Fortunately, I had uploaded my Africa pictures (~1,800) to a free photo-sharing website. The website (Snapfish - do not use ever, terrible interface and worse customer service), at the time, did not allow downloading the photos back again. I put off spending $150 to get the photos sent back to me on CDs. This week, I accidentally discovered that I am now allowed to download my photos again, albeit one at a time. So, that is a now project. So far, I have 500 of them. 1300 to go.

On Sunday, right after the triathlon, I leave on a 7-day cruise to Bermuda. There will be lots of fun, but not lots of internet. So, ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment