Monday, September 9, 2013

Short Weekend

It's frustrating when the first weekend of the school year is a 3-day weekend, and then the second weekend isn't. I'd love another day of weekend. Please?

Last Friday, we had our first quiz. The average was 76%. That is a very mediocre score. I'm proud that the test was much more rigorous than last year's first quiz, but I would've liked a higher average. At the very least, I've let the kids know I'm serious. I think I need to include more rigorous multiple choice so they can practice. I also need to review some scientific method content (as usual).

Less than one week after the lab reports were due, and I have all except for 1, and that 1 was absent all of last week. It makes a huge difference having the first major assignment in the second week of school, rather than a month later. Kids are still taking everything seriously.

This weekend, I did my first long run in a while. I was disappointed that I only lasted 5 miles, but it felt good to do it anyway. The weather was gorgeous, but I waited a little too long to leave, and it had warmed up quite a bit. I also did a gym workout and a 1.5 mile run on Sunday. I know I should be training on a bike, but I also need to refresh my triathlon head, so I'm not forcing myself to do anything I don't want to. So, when I check the weather forecast in hopes it'll tell me it's too rainy to ride this weekend, it's time to choose another activity. Same with swimming.

I also visited my parents this weekend. I found a dress for my sister's wedding, and for the engagement party. I keep getting more and more excited about all of these things.

Tonight I have Relay. I'm thinking positive about it. It's a session on building relationships with families and students, so I could probably use help in that area anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment