Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I'm Back!

I'm back. I think. And I wanted to share two things with you: where I was, and why I'm back.

Where was I?
I was here. Same place, same school, same back-of-back triathlon times. I was BUSY. In the last year and a half, I:

  • Got married :)
  • Took 10 minutes off my NYC Triathlon time, then added back 8 of them on a 93 degree day
  • Lost 10 lbs for my wedding, gained it all back, and have so far lost about half of it again
  • Felt complacent in my second year at VMS, and therefore didn't have much to write about
  • Took on way to much in my third year at VMS, and therefore didn't have time to write
  • Spent time working on some other writing projects, including finishing my first novel (it's pretty awful, but I've created a fictional near-future world of space travel and time travel that I can't wait to continue exploring in the future)
  • Enjoyed the first weeks of my nephew's life and can't wait for the next weeks, months, and years

I'm back because:
  • I have new insight on how much is the right amount of work for me, and what I need to do to make my career sustainable
  • I need help keeping accountable this sustainability
  • I need help keeping accountable for still learning and improving myself as a teacher, athlete, and wife
  • I started working with a triathlon coach about three weeks ago, and want to share the exciting progress I'm already making
  • I love writing
This blog is a really fun project for me and it helps me learn about myself and look at my experiences from a different point of view. I'd love if you joined me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment