Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Good News

I had a meeting with my principal and IL today. I meet with the principal once a month for a check in, so I figured she'd meet with the two of us together because the week was busy. I brought my planner, and a list in my head of things I was working to improve. I figured we'd plan a time for her to observe me.

I walk in, and they're waiting, but chatting non-urgently. I sit down, and the principal starts by announcing that they had room in the budget for a holiday bonus, and handed me a pay stub for $300, money already in my bank account. "That happens?" was my eloquent response.

And then she continued: I know next school year is a long time away, and I don't know if you've thought about it, but we've started to think about it, and we'd love if you joined us again.

"Um, yes! Wait, let me think about it--yes."

I'll be teaching 7th grade science at VMS once again and I CAN'T WAIT. I can already think about how I'm going to improve my lesson plans in the same curriculum.

By the way, the NSA scores were good. Not great like last time, but good. Average of 81%, with an 82 on the lab practical. 89% on the multiple choice, which confirms my suspicions that I grade the short and long answers too harshly. At least now I have a number to beat next year!

To conclude, I give you a piece that was handed to her English teacher by a student:
Goals. Many people think that goals are just strong ideas about life, but goals are more than that. They are the shining stars of life. They are guidances of many people’s lives. They are the bigger pictures of hard work and success. Goals allow us to push ourselves to be strong individuals, so that we may achieve greatness beyond measure. Without goals, our lives, education, purpose, and minds are astray. Our lives will wander off into darkness, and our souls will be eaten alive by the lack of direction. Goals are like our light and north stars. North Stars are stars that help lead people to their destination. Goals are the same way. We create them, so that we can go through life with something to accomplish. Without the existence of goals, we will be lost and are more likely to run into a wall at a dead end. The goals we make for ourselves will help us to back up, turn around, and start over so that we can be on the right path. Therefore, goals are more than huge ideas that we think and talk about, but they are our stars of guidance and possible ways to be more successful in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment