Tuesday, December 11, 2012

T-minus 3 Days

Until the NSA 7.2. It is time for our SECOND interim assessment. This year is going by so fast.

Today I had a challenging moment. The class right after lunch, which is always the most full of personality, had a really sloppy transition into the class. My IL happened to be there, and popped into the class to lecture the students about their transitions. I'm not sure how it seemed to them (she's really good at expressing seriousness), but I was a little embarrassed. It did help the class run more smoothly, though. And it wasn't until after the class that I realized how good it was that she yelled at them, not at me.

Afterwards, we discussed making my transitions cleaner. That's my next PD goal. I can't wait to improve that, because it'll help all my classes run more tightly.

Detention was actually easy today, due to the small group. I managed to have an incredibly productive day, and I think I'll be done with my planning (I hope) by Friday, so I can spend all of Friday grading. Ideally, I'll finish by Thursday morning, so I can spend Thursday grading the practical.

My drive home was 50 minutes of debating whether I should go running, how long I should run, and whether I should run indoors our outdoors. I ended up deciding on outside, since I have these shiny new visibility accessories I need to use. I'd start with 2 miles and see where it went. I ended up doing an incredibly enjoyable 2.77 miles in 30 minutes (probably my longest short run). I love running in the dark. It's just a little bit more exciting, but so incredibly relaxing.  I think I'll keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment