Friday, July 20, 2012

Better Days

Okay, everything's under control. I got the alarm and cable set up. It took some feelings shared over the phone to both companies, but eventually it got done.

I also got my bike ride, although it wasn't like I expected. It was really hot (~95 degrees F), and I got lost on the way to the bike path...a couple of times. I ended up walking a bunch and stopping to look at a map a few times, and ended up with only about 10 miles in an hour and a half. Oh well.

Wednesday, once the heat finally broke in a thunderstorm of epic proportions, I managed a quick 2-mile jog in the drizzly parking lot of my grandmother's nursing home.

(While writing this last night, I was interrupted by an ambulance call. I went, but missed the truck. I'll help save lives another time.)

Today, I managed an even rainier 6(-ish) mile run. I was hoping for a full 6, but miscalculated my route, and after circling the parking lot I was only at 5.88, and people were watching, so I called it a day. Still, not bad, and I was SOAKED. My iPhone case did a pretty good job at keeping my phone dry, so it all worked out.

I'm hoping to add another 4.5 miles in the next two days, to round out the week at 12 miles, because it's not good to have one run be more than half of my weekly miles. It's too hard on the body. A pretty good week for working out, despite the chaos of Monday. Tonight, I'll end the week with my family's Shabbat dinner. There will be food and wine (or depending on how I'm feeling, food and ambulance calls).

Tomorrow, I have a nice walk planned with my mom, and maybe I'll run and/or swim and/or bike in the afternoon. Sunday: the boyfriend's big move!


No comments:

Post a Comment