Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vacation

I like San Francisco. It's like a college town on the scale of an entire, productive, city. I can walk two blocks to the store, jog half a mile to a park or science museum, and easily access the some of the world's best eats. Moreover, a short drive will get me to some lovely hiking or wineries. On Sunday, I went hiking. It was a not-too-strenuous 4-ish mile loop, which we covered in a brisk two hours. We also stopped briefly in the middle for a picnic of chee, crackers, peaches, dried mango slices, and apricot ale. That evening, I took part in an exceptionally indulgent dinner that involved homemade bacon bread, lobster tempura, oyster shooters, and illicit foie gras. I might have met my match, though, and I think I'll have to end my 11-day workout streak today. That dinner left me with either food poisoning or other GI distress, and after my 1-mile slow jog, I ended up spending the rest of the day on the couch watching tv (rough life, no?). So, today, I will skip my workout and maybe enjoy some of the city in a less strenuous fashion. I'm still hopeful about a solid run tomorrow. Now, I'll stick to watching Boy Meets World. I love vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment