Tuesday, July 10, 2012

To-Do

One would think that with fewer obligations, I would be more able to accomplish what needed to be done. And one would be grossly incorrect.

I work better under pressure. When there is too much to do, I make lists and schedules, and manage to get everything done. Usually, early. But, when I only have one thing to do, or have too much time, I dally and procrastinate until there is no more time left.

It's taken everything I have to finish packing nearly a whole week before the movers come. But I did it! I did! It took to-do lists and schedules and calendars and goals, and remaking lists when I failed to accomplish tasks the first time. At one point, I had a to-do list embedded in another to-do list. But, I finally finished packing. And I'm proud of it.

I still have a bunch of moving-related stuff, but it's less urgent. I still have to cancel utilities and schedule utilities and register my car and get a driver's license and, of course, unpack everything, but it's not urgent. So, I'll sit and watch TV and play games and go running and do everything other than what I have to, until I have to.

My trip to SF started with a stomach virus and ended with a cold, but it was still nice. I enjoy hanging out with my sister and her friends, and they show me how to eat well. When I returned home, I went to NJ to sign the lease on my new apartment. It is a beautiful apartment, with granite counter tops and a laundry room and an office and 1 1/2 bathrooms, although the living room is a bit small. We may have to replace my pretty white couch with something smaller, if we can't make it fit.

Due to illness(es), I've been light on training lately, but have begun to catch up. Yesterday, I settled for a 2 mile run due to some congestion, but ended up pushing the pace and doing it at 10:40 min/mi. I was out of breath at the end, but it felt good. This morning, I did my first ever 1 hour swim, slogging through 2000 yards. It was really relaxing, although after about 45 minutes my brain started turning to mashed potatoes. Tomorrow, I'm hoping for a long run, maybe 5 hilly miles. Maybe more? Who knows. The weather has cooled and I can't wait to go long.

No comments:

Post a Comment