Monday, May 21, 2012

Almost the End

Today, I was planning...and ran out of room. I have actually planned my 7th grade through the end of the school year. 20 days left, and many of them testing or field trips. Crazy!
Wednesday marks the end of the first 30 days of my 90 day challenge. The goals for the first 30 days were as follows:
First 30 daysWeight goal: 135 lbs (what it was before vacation)Running goal: average of 10 miles per week, maybe a 5K raceDiet goal: 3 full meals per day, only one microwaved meal per dayAll in all, considering the circumstances, I have not done too terribly. My weight (as of this morning) is 134.5, 1/2 lb lower than the goal. On my way! Due to some life challenges (family illness, job interviews), I haven't quite made my running goal for each of the four weeks. For 2 of the weeks, I averaged 10 and 10.1 miles, and I'm very proud of that. The other two weeks, though were around 5-6 miles each, which brings me to a monthly average of about 8 miles per week. Not terrible, but not ideal. I also ran a 5K this weekend (details to follow). As for the eating, I have actually averaged a little less than one microwaved meal per day. I am regularly sitting down for a bowl of cereal and a phone chat with mom every morning, which has made my mornings more relaxed and healthier. I've definitely been getting my 3 full meals, and by eating more and running more, I'm still losing pounds.My goal for the next 30 days:Second 30 daysWeight goal: 133 lbs (haven't seen this since...I don't remember)Running goal: 10 miles per week, plus biking 10 miles per week, sprint tri in JuneDiet goal: no microwaved foodThis weekend started with a family dinner Friday night, that probably involved a little too much wine all around, and I gorged on berries for dessert. Delicious, but tummy-ache-inducing. Saturday morning, I decided to compete in a local 5K. I signed up for the race and, proudly, refused to take one of the only XL t-shirts left. I don't need extra stuff if it doesn't even fit. The weather was perfect (70s and sunny) and everything was perfect until about 1/2 mile in. Then we got to the hill. I can't even say there were hills, it was just one hill. The first half of the race was uphill, and the second half was downhill. It was beautiful, but really challenging. I was pretty unhappy with my time (34:31), but unsurprised. I was solidly in the pack, finishing after around 75% of the field. I still want to break 30:00, but I have a lot of work to do before then. To my surprise, though, there were only 3 competitors in the F20-24 group, so I won a 3rd place medal! I was so proud.After the race, I realized I still had 1.3 miles left to make it to 10 for the week, so I did it. I was wiped out, and knew I couldn't run Sunday, but I did it anyway.Sunday, I was occupied all day on the TFA annual hike. It was lovely. Still perfect weather, and there were about 10 of us, 2 Labrador Retrievers, and 1 baby. The guide brought a full lunch spread for us up the mountain, including caprese salad, fruit salad, and pasta (which he cooked up there). The whole hike was about 4 miles round trip, which took about 4 hours total (plus lunch time). I did a good job avoiding sunburn, but I'm pretty bruised and scratched up. A deer tick tried to eat my lunch, so I made extra sure he didn't follow me home. It was a ton of fun and I got to hang out with some really good friends that I don't see too often. All in all, a good day. And I slept well afterwards.
School is still a struggle to stay motivated this late in the year, but seeing my kids every morning makes it easier. I love 'em.


Post Script: I just finished lesson planning for this year. DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment