Monday, May 7, 2012

Transitions

Last week was really tough, and I don't know how to write about it. My grandmother is sick, and to use her words, "This situation really sucks."

I've been extremely busy, and I think it's time to come clean. Hopefully, my students haven't found my blog yet (I don't think they have), because I don't want them knowing this until the last day of school.

I'm moving to New Jersey. I'm going to finish out the school year, and then I'm going to leave Bridgeport and all of my friends to continue my career in the New Brunswick, NJ area. I made this decision over Spring Break (in Berlin, specifically), but it's definite.

Since then, in addition to my normal exhausting duties as Best Science Teacher Ever and Closer of the Achievement Gap, and in addition driving back and forth to visit my family, I've refurbished my resume, drafted several cover letters, and written a bunch of applications. In the last week, I've even witnessed some success! I've had two schools contact me and ask me to do a sample lesson and interview (one done today, one to do on Thursday). Both schools are completely different from my current school, although in different ways, and I would be incredibly honored to teach at either one.

I'm proud about how far I've gone, but the piling of stuff on top of stuff is really exhausting. Back to school tomorrow. I've got a case of the Don't-Wannas, but I know that when I see my kids in the morning I'll get right back into the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment