Thursday, November 17, 2011

Aha!

I've survived my first round of report card conferences. I saw about 2/3 of my students' parents. Today I saw some more parents. It was a similar variety to last night. I saw a few parents that I thought could really help improve their students' performance, and I saw a few parents whose kids are perfect. Unfortunately, I had a couple of parents who came in frustrated and discouraged by their kids' repeatedly poor performance in school each year. It hurt me a little bit, and it seemed like every suggestion I had was already attempted. I wish I could help here.

It's getting to be that blah time of year, when the days are too short and there are consecutive cloudy days. It's harder to wake up in the morning. I'm getting a little unmotivated.

On the other hand, the job is becoming generally less stressful. I think things are getting more under control every day. I'm better able to sift through the millions of things I'm required to do every second, and sorting out the important from less important. I can better take criticism, even when it's different advice from different people, and incorporate the advice into my day. I'm learning more about bureaucratic processes.

My happy thoughts for the week: I'm sitting and watching South Park, enjoying my dinner before choir rehearsal. Tomorrow afternoon, I have a massage appointment. One day until the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment