Monday, November 14, 2011

iPad!

I used my ipad in class today. A friend suggested a classroom management app to me, called Class Dojo. It gives me, on the Smartboard, an avatar for each student, and keeps track of all rewards and consequences with funny sound effects. The kids got a kick out of it (and I did too).

My bad class was good, thanks to my improving management, but my good class wasn't great, I guess due to my complacency. Once again, things are improving. Definitely improving, overall.

My long weekend was nice. I even got a little eager for school by Sunday night! School is getting less exhausting each day, and so weekends are getting less exciting (only slightly, though).

This week is report card conferences, which I'm a little nervous about. Report cards aren't sent home, because home addresses aren't very trustworthy around here, so parents pick up report cards. Students are dismissed early on Wednesday and Thursday, and parents arer bused in on Wednesday evening and Thursday afternoon for short conferences. Last year, about 70% of parents attended, but I think the fact that we are in the swing space might affect attendance. It should certainly be interesting. Unfortunately, the kids who don't care and are failing probably have parents who won't or can't show up.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment