Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Case Study

I spent much of my day today engaged in a case study of the effects of a rhinovirus or rhino-like virus, as well as the possible palliative effects of the boiled rhizome of the plant Zingiber officinale and Lifesavers.

The kids are being extra difficult this week, but it could be me. I could be tired, or a little discouraged. I had a nice talk with my colleagues, though. They assured me that I am not the worst first-year teacher ever, and that my struggles are normal. One colleague reminded me of the 10,000 hour rule. With about 1,000 hours of teaching per school year, I only have about 9,500 hours left to master this thing!

As a result of the aforementioned case study, I skipped my run yesterday, and I don't think I'll make it up today. Now, I have a warm cup of miso soup waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment