Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Kid

We have another new kid. That makes 28 in my homeroom. Oy.

One of two things happened this week. Either 1) the kids all decided to be tougher this week, or 2) I have higher standards for myself this week. It might be a little of both. I'm tired and wiped out, but I guess I'm teaching better than a few weeks/months ago.

Tonight, I met with a TFA 3rd-year to get some resources for CMT review, so CMT review begins tomorrow. I am going to print out a few review packets and some practice questions. As an incentive, I'm going to offer a pizza party to any student who can complete 6 of these packets (~1/week) by the CMT (end of March). Let's see how this works.

The other night's dinner was better than expected - it turned out that the flounder was actually flounder stuffed with cheesy crabmeat. Yum. And I baked a loaf of delicious, moist plain ol' white bread. Tonight, I have pasta with olive oil, sundried tomatoes, artichoke, and "Italian Spices".

Also, this weekend, I have volunteered to help out at the district "Math Fair." I figure it will be good to get my name out in the district and when I volunteered I didn't realize it would be on a Saturday. But, I get to entertain K-5 kids with Wizard of Oz-themed science demonstrations, and I get a few dollars to spend on it. One of my demonstrations is tornado bottles, which consist of two 2-liter bottles connected mouth-to-mouth with a novelty plastic "Tornado Tube" that I got to buy for this. I shared all of this so I can explain that I didn't have any 2-liter bottles around, and don't drink caffeine, and don't want more calories, so tonight's dinner is accompanied by a nice glass of Sprite Zero. Or two. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment