Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Seven and a Half Cents

I'm really growing to love my students more and more each day. Today I walked into my classroom for afternoon homeroom and the last period teacher was gushing about how well behaved they had been. I beamed like a proud parent and told them how proud I was of them.

This afternoon I attended a union meeting. I'm happy to show support to my colleagues, but sometimes I feel like I'm caught in between TFA and my colleagues. Connecticut is working on an education reform bill ( I suggest googling it if you're interested) that TFA loves and veteran teachers detest. Suffice it to say that halfway thriugh the meeting, i started thinking about the Pajama Game, abd found it hard to keep from gighling after that That's all I'll say on the matter.

Today was a well-deserved rest from running, which meant I got to get ahead (!) on my work at school. As of 6:30 pm today, I am actually ahead on planning. Now to catch up on grading...

No comments:

Post a Comment