Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Planning

I really love planning. I love calendars and agendas. I love molding a unit to the inconsistent schedule. I enjoy taking abstract science concepts, distilling them to a few straightforward learning objectives, and then bringing those objectives to life with short and interesting lessons. I love it. I like modeling skills and creating practice problems. I love creating assessments.

But, damn it, it's stressful. I have to submit two weeks-worth of lesson plans every two weeks. I'm the only teacher who submits them, but I want to look good for my principal. I also know that the moment I start to slack off with my planning, I'll never catch up. Many of my peers are planning day to day. I like being expected to plan ahead.

And that means grading and cleaning and decorating can wait for a few days. I've got planning to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment