Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday

Today was much better than last Tuesday, but still a frustrating day. The kids were at their finest teenager-ness. It didn't help that my homeroom had 2 new students today. Really? Someone looked at my class and thought I needed MORE kids? Where are they coming from? We decided that somewhere out there is a classroom with only 10 kids left. It must be really quiet there.

This was the kind of day when you realize that the task at the top of your to-do list is to put something in the mail, and the only stamps you have are 1-cent short as of 9 days ago. I had to drive 3 miles to the post office, buy 8 cents worth of stamps, and drive home. I think gas cost me more. Fortunately, the post office decided that starting this year, they would only sell Forever stamps.

But, I ended my day in my recliner before it was completely dark out. I even did a little jogging outside today. I could use more 50-degree days. I am doing my 2nd load of laundry, and I have exciting plans for dinner: I'm going to bake some pre-seasoned Trader Joe's frozen flounder, cook some rice, and make some sushi hand rolls. Maybe I'll top it off with a side of miso soup. Sake, too. It's a gourmet dinner (and probably tomorrow's lunch) for just a few bucks. I'm looking forward to it.

I have a busy evening. I have to watch 2 episodes of House and a handful of episodes of How I Met Your Mother. I have to try not to think about the bunch of lesson plans that are due Friday that I set aside time tomorrow and Thursday to do. I also need to finish laundry, do dishes (i.e. load the dishwasher) and tidy up.

At last, I will end my busy evening by taking my pajamas out of the dryer as soon as the laundry is dry, and climb in bed with toasty warm PJs. What a difficult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment