Friday, January 27, 2012

Love

I have not been a good blogger this week. It has been an awful week, due to some school challenges and a sick day (which probably should have been 2 sick days).

I don't need to share all of my challenges, but suffice it to say that I will be working hard in the next few weeks to improve my classroom management and lesson planning. The biggest problem I need to address is converting good classroom management into well taught lessons; that is, I need to work on execution of my lesson plans.

Lunch detention has been working out pretty well.

But, above all, I love teaching. I love when kids are eager to answer questions. I love it when kids who have never done a single bit of work are taking notes in my class. I love when kids figure stuff out. I really enjoy this.

Nobody can take that away from me. This is my career, and I love it. I will work harder to become a better teacher, whatever it takes.

As my dad says, "illegitimi non carborundum".

No comments:

Post a Comment