Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Better

The difference between this job and my last job is that here, I know what I'm doing and why. I know I'm a good teacher and that I'm teaching kids to do, and enjoy, science.

Today, I had a terrible day. I'll share more details, after I've had some time to cool off. But, it's still better than that first time I had to dissect a mouse lymph node, and while cutting into its thigh, even though my boss assured me it was dead and killed humanely, the blood still flowed in spurts, because "the muscles spasm after death." Whatever hoops I have to jump through here, at least it's not that.

Actually, I can't wait to get back to school tomorrow, because I've realized that the kids love me. They (at least some of them) always make me feel appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment