Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Day

We care about out kids. Today, the seventh and eighth grade teachers met to figure out the numbers relating to the state tests, which are 28 school days away. Fortunately, I can't stress about them yet, because science fair is on my mind. But we talked for two hours about how we could push our kids a little harder. There was some teasing, and some comments about the new superintendent, and plenty of complaining, but it really shows that we love those kids.

Today, I saw so much enthusiasm about science fair. At times, I had 80% of the class working, with some even helping others! There was some other crap that went on, and I'm missing a few glue sticks, but they are taking pride in their projects.

I don't have a lot to write today. I'm tired and could really use a weekend. But, only one week until science fair, and it's shaping up really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment