Monday, January 30, 2012

Good Things

Today, I had some good things said to me. My assistant principal says she's seen some great things for me. She says it looks like I really know what I'm doing, I just have some difficulty executing it when things get tough in class. She loves the way I develop lessons that match the curriculum and make it interesting. I just need to work on managing the classroom. Last week, the principal took me aside to tell me that she is rooting for me. That she has high standards for me, and that's why she's so tough.

I'm working hard to get better. I'm getting better. I'm actually looking forward to this next round of quizzes. I think I've taught this unit, for both 7th and 8th grade, a lot better than any of my other ones. I'd like to see where this goes.

In other news, weekends are awesome. I got to hang out with a couple of teachers and post-TFA folks that I don't see a lot. I got to have a couple of drinks and watch TV. I got to play a lot of tower defense, which might just be my favorite video game genre. (Garden Panic on the iPad--check it out.)

I also ran 3 miles with almost no problem. It was on a treadmill, and I was watching Dr. Who, but I think I'll be ready for the 4-miler in March. I was even planning my triathlon season this year. I'm thinking about a sprint (.5 mile swim, 10-15 mile bike, 3.1 mile run) in June and an Olympic (.9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 6.2 mile run) in August. I'll have plenty of time for training over the summer. And you know what? I have less than half a school year left.

No comments:

Post a Comment