Friday, February 3, 2012

Moving Around

I learned a good lesson today. I usually stress out about Fridays because I start off the morning with a double period with my homeroom class, and then teach 6 periods in the day.

Today went better than expected. I was really nervous about an activity I had planned with my homeroom (now 28 kids!). It involved them doing a class survey, walking around the class and figuring out the proportions of dominant and recessive traits (dimples, Widow's peak, curly hair, etc). I laid down the ground rules...and it worked! They weren't too rowdy (mostly), and they even did their work (mostly). I need to give them more opportunities to get up and move around.

And then, there was a fight in my last period class. Not terribly unusual. And now it's the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment