Thursday, March 1, 2012

Zombies! Run!

I got a new iPhone app called Zombies! Run! It's an audio running game that incorporates your run into a zombie scenario over 30 or so episodes. Today, as I began my (treadmill) run, I learned that I had been in a plane crash on the way to take supplies to Abel Township. When Abel discovered that I survived, I was instructed to run back to the town. Then, their medical director (which is a jerk, apparently) told me that their previous "Runner 5" was killed on a mission to the hospital to pick up some medical supplies and documentation. I was told that if I didn't earn my way by risking my life to get supplies, I might not be allowed into the over-burdened town.

So, I ran towards the hospital. I grabbed some medical kits and the NIH paperwork, and then a pack of zombies appeared! I outran them, but as I approached the town, one of the zombies broke away from the pack and started catching up to me. As the communication center folks from town were still watching, they let me know that the stray zombie was, in fact, the previous Runner 5. They told me that a gun squad would run out to meet me as I approached the town, and they did. Zombies were held back, I got into Abel township safely, and I brought them important supplies.

Then I decided to tack on another two miles, to make it an even 4.5.

It was one of the best runs I've had in a while (especially on a treadmill) and it felt great. It helped me forget about a frustrating day, when the kids had a little extra energy.

It's almost the weekend. So close.

No comments:

Post a Comment