Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Test Stats

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to do standardized testing 2 days after daylight savings spring ahead was mistaken. This morning during testing, kids were practically falling asleep. Sometimes, I forget they're only 12.

I began to wonder whether the scores for the test today will be noticeably lower because of the daylight savings jetlag. In all of TFA's emphasis on data and statistics, I've become really interested in the topic (despite how much I hate stats. I would have been an epidemiologist if I didn't hate stats so much).

In class this Saturday, we learned about standardized testing. In order for a test to be standardized, it has to be tested (or at least, each question) for five years, in order to determine the results of each group (IEP, poor, rich, middle) taking it, as well as weed out any errors or biases in questions. If I had to leave the classroom for any reason (burnout, etc), this might be the next career path I'd pursue. The only thing I love more than writing and proofreading is testing data.

No comments:

Post a Comment