Thursday, March 8, 2012

Improving

Today, I improved a lot. Either that, or my real-time coach spoke to all of my students and told them to be really well behaved today.

Testing went very well. I took charge and ran the entire testing in my room myself, with my mentor there as support. The kids did really well. After testing, there were some logistical issues, and my homeroom class sat quietly and chatted/wordsearched for a whole hour. I guess the clear (concise) expectations and behavior narration work that well. When I saw them again later, we did an entire lab activity, and I think over 80% of students handed in a completed assignment! They were pretty good about "staying seated, quiet, and on-task", and I only have a few phone calls to make tonight.

My last class was a bit trickier, but again, I saw almost 100% compliance. It was awesome. I love teaching, no matter how challenging it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment