Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring

Today is the vernal equinox, when you can stand an egg on its end.

Just like every other day.

It's also the day that has the same length of day and night, and the first full day of spring. Spring has come in full force, with fantastic weather to enjoy after school, and awful heat in school until the heater is turned off for the year.

Wednesdays aren't usually too bad, and my classes went well, although I did cover for another teacher during my prep again (7th period today, 4th period Monday, and 5th period Friday). The testing has been rough on our schedules.

Testing is done after tomorrow, but my kids are done already. I get to show them a video tomorrow during testing, because the 8th graders still have one more test and we can't shuffle the classes around. I'll be happy when the testing is done, but it means more energy spent teaching (and more time enjoying teaching, of course).

I'm still pretty tired, but last night I finished the Hunger Games trilogy, which I've been enjoying since Christmas. Tonight, maybe, I'll finally get to sleep early. After trivia, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment