Monday, March 5, 2012

Testing

Today began the big one, the three weeks of the Connecticut Mastery Test (CMT). Well, today was the practice test, where I walked the kids through the kinds of questions they might see in the next few weeks.

As a new teacher, I actually am benefited by the testing procedures. Each teacher is responsible for testing their own homeroom class for the first 2 hours of the school day, and then the regular class schedule resumes. Since my class is so challenging, they are being split between two rooms for testing. So, I only have 14 kids in the class. Not only that, they don't let first year teachers proctor alone, so I have another teacher there with me the whole time. If this morning was any indication, this should be easy.

And then my day was uneventful, until a fight broke out in my last class. Amidst the resulting paperwork, I did not get enough work done today and had to stop due to a headache. I guess I'll just have to relax until tomorrow! Tomorrow I get to begin some hands on activities for several of my classes.

P.S. Yesterday I ran a mile in 9:44. Certainly not my best ever (9:22), but I'm getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment