Tuesday, March 20, 2012

More Testing

Testing is getting boring/tedious/exhausting. I don't have to teach for the morning, but I do have to walk around constantly in a high-stress room. I'm really just complaining, but I'm so tired. I have a hard time at the end of the day having the energy I need to get a class going really well. I can get a class running, but if I want it to go really well, I need to work extra hard. I need to be better about saving energy for the end of the day.

Now, it's the end of the day, an I'm plain tired. A good friend gave me some good advice once, and that is: If you're staying late to do work, then be doing work. If you're staying late to do work, and really staring into space instead, then go home and do something fun. I don't have it in me today to do any more grading of papers. I got a big chunk done during my prep. I'd rather spend my afternoon doing some active relaxing, than stressful not-working.

I have plans for my first brick workout of the season. A brick is a combination bike-followed-by-run workout, and is named after the feeling in your legs after beginning to run. Now that I've started the racing season with a great race, I need to get into triathlon shape. I don't know when my apartment pool opens, but I can think about biking. I have a brick planned today and a bike ride with my dad on Sunday. I've even signed up for a duathlon (bike + run) on April 1, because I love racing. It's a 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, and another 2 mile run. I'm excited about it because in the past three years (according to internet results), there have been fewer than 3 people competing in my age group (20-24), and the top 3 get trophies. I might get a trophy by default! It happened once before, in a 5K, and it was almost as exciting as earning it for real. Maybe one day I can earn trophies, but for now I'll hope for winning them by default.

I might even be really productive this afternoon and make a trip to Macy's, because my recliner broke and I have to pick out a replacement (covered due to manufacturer's defect). Time to go pick out a free recliner!

No comments:

Post a Comment