Tuesday, March 27, 2012

200

This is my 200th post. I have been blogging for a long time now. It's been about 10 months.

Today I declare myself a real science teacher. Why? Because I just ordered a periodic table t-shirt. I got a ton of planning done, and rather than actually planning an introduction to the periodic table, I bought a t-shirt. I'll plan it tomorrow. My plans are getting way better, which makes day-to-day life easier.

Lockdown is over! Well, we're having a 3 day trial of not-lockdown, but the way things work around here, behavior management tends to come in second to logistics. I'm pretty happy about it, now that I'll have my classroom back, but I'm going to have to rework some of the routines. I'm a little nervous about it, but I'm happy to be back home. Mostly, I'm looking forward to having my quiet preps in my quiet classroom.

I'm really tired after not sleeping well last night, but I'm also muscle tired from the workout yesterday (I can no longer type the word "muscle" and think it looks correct, after all of the lesson plans I made today). I know it's normal to feel this tired after a new workout, but I find it very intimidating when I start thinking about this spring/summer's triathlon training. I guess I can do a 5 mile bike, 2 mile run without too much trouble, but I have big plans this summer:

This weekend is a 2 mi/10 mi/20 mi run/bike/run.

Next month, maybe a 5K. I'd love to break 30 min.

June 17, sprint tri (1/2 mi swim, 10 mi bike, 3.1 mi run)

July mud race? 5K?

August Olympic tri (1 mi swim, 25 mi bike, 6.2 mi run)

(maybe) September sprint tri, the 4th (!) anniversary of my first tri.

The sprints aren't too much of a worry, although I'd really like to improve my times. I'd like to improve my Olympic time too, but I think I'm already on my way to that. At least as far as running is concern, I'm training much better this year than I ever have in the past.

And now, I'm having a glass of wine and watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment